Situated in the southernmost part of Troy, The Link School Of The Arts, a 4,055 sq. ft. facility, was launched by Kensington Community Church in September, 2002. As a non-profit 501 c3 arts organization, Kensington initially provided the funds to establish this School. Similar to other churches planted by Kensington, The Link operates as a separate entity with its own mission and infrastructure.
The Link, while raising an awareness of the arts in our community, also seeks to heighten the knowledge of God Himself, while building a valid cultural arts program relating to our mission. We know how crucial the arts are in influencing our world views and moral standards. Hearts and minds long ponder impressions left after seeing images and hearing dialogues during and after viewing a movie, television show or theatre production. The eyes or the “windows of the soul” are fragile as is the moral innocence of our children.
The Link provides high quality instruction in dance, music, video and drama that is affordable for all cultures, ages and skill levels to participate in the arts, while lifting up God alone as the giver of true beauty and creative inspiration.
Although The Link does not charge for their outreach performances, honorariums are accepted to underwrite performance costs.
The Link School Of The Arts consists of a Board of Directors and Management Team whose members are totally devoted to Christ. This infrastructure, we believe, is necessary to further our desire to achieve excellence in the arts, develop a professional division Christian arts school, and the eventual establishment of a Christian professional ballet company in the metropolitan Detroit area.
- A school where students receive the finest training available from teachers who are fully devoted to the Christian faith.
- An environment where students observe master teachers model a biblical integration of the arts, life and God.
- A program which regards the long process of disciplined training spiritually, physically, socially and artistically as significant as the performance.
- A program that is known by the evidence of God working.
- A community where honest expression, real thinking and true creativity is encouraged, where mentors walk with but do not control.
- An arts school that extends from the community, to the nation and into the world.
- An opportunity for people of all cultures, ages, skill levels and experience to participate in the arts.
- A place that embraces people to whom God is irrelevant and walks with them in their journey toward God.
- An arts school that promotes God alone as the giver of true beauty and creative expression. We contribute all praise, glory and honor to Him.
We believe that the arts are a gift from God and one of His most beautiful forms of expressions. It is also a wonderful means of communication and a dynamic tool in releasing human emotion. At The Link School of the Arts, we place a high value on the arts and are committed to excellence in these mediums.
The sole basis of our belief at The Link is the bible, composed of the 66 books of the Old and New Testament. We hold that the Scriptures are infallible and inherent in the original manuscripts. They are the unique, full, and the final authority on all matters of faith and practice and there are not other writings similarly inspired by God.
We believe that there is one true, holy god, eternally existing in three persons — Father, Son, and Holy Spirit — each of Whom possesses equally all the attributes of deity and the characteristics of personality.
The central purpose of God’s revelation in Scripture is to call all people into fellowship with Himself through the shed blood, resurrection and soon return of Jesus Christ.